As the weather cools and friends get vaccinated, everyone we know is ready to make up for the lost time! So get ready to step outside and enjoy the perfect weather with good food. And a picnic can be a great way to do both! After all, sunshine and fresh breeze make everything taste better, don't they?
So we rounded up some of our favorite picnic food ideas, ideal for heading to the park or simply enjoying in your own backyard. They are not only delicious but are also going to make your life easy. Why, you ask? Well, they’re easy to pack up, carry and they basically take care of all the planning for you! All you'll need to bring along are a sturdy blanket, napkins, and forks.
So whip out those pleasing plates and enjoy the day!
1. Fruit Salad
Fruit salads are nourishing, easy to make and you could not have a more healthy snack for the whole family. You can simply chop them up and put them in a bowl or make a fruit skewer by threading your favorite fruits into a bamboo skewer.
Ingredients| Prep time: 5 min
- Dragon Fruit, peeled and sliced
- Shimla Apple, sliced and peeled (as per your choice)
- Pineapple, peeled and sliced
- Banana, peeled and sliced
- Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing (optional)
You can use any fruit you have on hand or that is in season
- Add all fruits to a large bowl and pour over dressing, tossing gently to combine
- Chill until ready to serve.
Make it Special: Pair it with some honey for that extra flavor
2. Tea Cake
Tea Cakes are a classic picnic fare for a reason: This delicious dessert just somehow tastes better when eaten outdoors. Pair it with your favourite tea, a cold beverage, or just eat it as is! We don’t need a reason to eat tea cakes when on a picnic!
Make it Special: Layer it with our Banoffee Spread and thank us later!
3. Iced Tea
The only Iced Tea recipe you'll ever need. Refreshing, delicious, and perfect for the weather! This is always a hit at summer gatherings. Serve it with your favourite sweetener or enjoy it unsweetened.
Ingredients| Prep time: 25 min
- Brew the Tea: In a saucepan, heat some water. Switch off the heat just before boiling. Add tea leaves and allow the tea leaves to steep and sit in hot water for 3 minutes.
- Strain the Tea: Strain it with a tea filter into a pitcher and cool the liquid for 20 minutes or so. If you want sweet tea, add honey and whisk until it’s completely dissolved.
- Add some cold water and lemon juice to the hot tea and whisk. Refrigerate for at least an hour, or until chilled.
- Serve: Serve the tea over ice with lemon slices and fresh mint.
Make it Special: Pair it with some honey and a zest of lemon for a punch of sweetness.
4. Panini Pesto Sandwich
Sandwiches are an ultimate picnic snack and this one is a delicious take on pesto sandwiches. It makes the most of our Basil Pesto Sauce, and Fresh Mozzarella Cheese to create a creamy, zesty flavor that tastes mind-blowing!
Ingredients| Prep time: 20 min
- Herbed Panini Bread: 1 Loaf
- Basil Pesto Sauce: 1 Jar
- Tomatoes: 2 qty (sliced into 1/4" slices)
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese: 1 pack
- Tuticorin Sea Salt, as per taste
- Butter, as per taste
- Spread pesto on each slice of bread. Place mozzarella slices on top of the pesto.
- Layer with fresh tomatoes and sprinkle with our Tuticorin sea salt. Place the remaining slices of bread, pesto side down, on top.
- Spread the top and bottom of the bread with softened butter. Grill or toast the sandwiches for about 3 minutes per side.
- The paninis are done when the cheese is completely melted and the bread is toasted and golden.
Make it Special: Add our Aquaponic Romaine Lettuce and some nuts for an added crunch.
5. Crunchy snacks with Dip
Who doesn’t love freshly made crunchy Indian snacks? Simple yet so satisfying. They go really well with almost anything; spicy dip, soup, pickles, or eat it plain and it will still taste amazing. No wonder it’s all of our favorite comfort food :)
Pack some Murukkus, Banana Chips, Peanut Chikki, and Poha Mixture for a good mix. Something for everyone!
Make it special: Pair’em with our Kothmiri Thokku for a blast of sweet, sour and spicy flavor.
Buy it all here.
There you go, you’re all set for a garden feast with your friends & family. Let us know what you’d like us to talk about next in the comments section below.